RUD Load ring VLBS
RUD Load ring VLBS Offers Increased Working Load Limit by 50% more than the LBS
RUD Chains Ltd based in Whitstable Kent, is a subsidiary of Rieger & Dietz GmbH located in Aalen Germany. RUD is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of Round Steel Chains, Lifting Points and Lashing Systems. For over 140 years the RUD group has been producing top quality chains and applications to suit a vast array of working environments.
RUD offer an extensive range of lifting and lashing applications which includes both welded and threaded types, covering a working load capacity range from 0.6 to 200 tonne. Offering over 270 different tested and certified lifting/lashing points, 210 of which are for bolting and 60 for welding. RUD is ISO 9001 certified and renowned for their expertise in heat treatment methods – delivering high performance chain products to suit the most demanding applications.
RUD know how important safety is in lifting which is why they have produced further product improvements to one of their leading lifting points. The LBS “RUD lug”, together with the RBS Eye Plate has recently gone through a significant upgrade – the biggest change since the product line was first introduced more than 25 years ago.
To align with RUD’s leading Grade 100 VIP Sling Chain system; the LBS & RBS ranges have been re-designed and released as the VLBS & VRBS. The working Load Limits (WLL’s) have increased significantly and the WLL(s) now align and match in with the RUD® Grade 100 chain ratings.
The new VIP version VLBS is forged out of high-resistant steel CrNiMo is 100% crack detected and offers RUD’s distinctive fluorescent pink powder coated surface. The VLBS offers many advantageous features as listed below:
- VLBS ring bracket is forged out of the high strength material CrNiMo with two patented inner supporting lugs.
- It provides an optimal sitting of the hook and offers better protection for the clamping springs.
- The optimized support shape at the suspension ring enables a strong support at loads 90° to the plane of the eye.
- The load bracket can be tilted by 180°
- 100% crack detected
- The welding block is forged out of quality welding material 1.0577+N (St 52-3) and clearly stamped with an identification number for the permissible WLL (Working Load Limit)
The distance lugs are for the measurement and provision of the required gap for the root welding (approx. 3mm). Important: The weld arrangement (continuous HV weld) fulfils the requirements of DIN 18800 i.e. the closed weld avoids corrosion and is thus suitable for outdoor use. A protected spring keeps the ring bracket in every required position without tipping and it also reduces vibration induced noise.
- The pink powder coating is both a VIP® identification characteristic and a heat indicator. The special fluorescent pink powder coating permanently highlights the maximum temperature at which the VIP® chain has been used. The special fluorescent pink powder coating permanently changes colour at increased temperatures. With temperatures exceeding 200°C, the pink powder coating colour changes to ochre, brown and finally black. If temperatures reach 400°C, the colour changes to a deep black with small bubbles, indicating that the VIP® chain/lifting component has been over-heated, and must no longer be used.
- The VRBS is available up to 50t WLL and can be loaded in any direction.
As one of the world’s largest manufacturers of lifting and lashing applications combined with their extensive range of products and knowledge in the market, RUD are continually innovating and developing their extensive product range to stay at the forefront of their customers’ demands.