StarPoint® VRS – MOD
Safety in lifting with The StarPoint® VRS Swivel Eyebolt
RUD Chains Ltd, a leading manufacturer of chain systems and components, provides specialist and standard solutions for the Armed Forces Worldwide. On Land, Sea and Air, RUD Military Technology is meeting the specific needs of the world’s defence forces through innovative products and advanced industry knowledge.
For over 140 years the RUD group has been producing top quality chains and applications to suit a vast array of working environments.
RUD offer an extensive range of lifting and lashing applications which includes both welded and threaded types, covering a working load capacity range from 0.6 to 200 tonne. Offering over 270 different tested and certified lifting/lashing points, 210 of which are for bolting and 60 for welding. RUD is ISO 9001 certified and renowned for their expertise in heat treatment methods – delivering high performance chain products to suit the most demanding applications.
Anyone in the industry knows how important safety is when lifting and moving heavy loads. The proper use of lifting points such as hoist rings, swivel eyebolts, fixed eyebolts and other threaded and welded applications are often disregarded and can lead to serious injuries.
Many companies are unaware that the direction of the pull can have a major impact on the working load limit of the standard eyebolt, creating a safety breach. The solution to this is to use an appropriate lifting point that can adjust to the direction of the pull to allow full engagement of the bolt, resulting in a safe lift.
RUD have developed lifting points that are designed to adjust to the direction of the pull, there are known as the STARPOINT® and the POWERPOINT®
The StarPoint® VRS also known as the STAR among eye bolts offers many advantages. Firstly the StarPoint® will swivel to the direction of the load lift, the working load limit is therefore always at the direction of the load. The StarPoint® removes the chance of bent eyes, backed out threads, or over-tightening which would cause unnecessary stress on the stem.
For a detailed product description of the StarPoint® refer to the lost below:
- The StarPoint® is available in sizes 1/4″ to 2″ and metric sizes of M8 through M48
- Marked working load limits (WLL) are rated at 90° from thread
- Capacities from .4 to 12 metric tons at 90° and 1 to 32 metric tons at 0°
- Clear indication of working load limit in metric tons and lbs. for side loading applications
- Forged material (1.6541) alloy quenched and tempered
- Body and bolt, 100% electromagnetic alloy crack tested in accordance with specification EN 1677. Design factor of 4:1 in any direction
- The STARPOINT® is supplied with an annealed star – profile – key. Simply engage the Hexagon socket bolt with the star – profile – key and use your fingers to respectively tighten or untighten the arrangement. Disengage the key. The STARPOINT® is rotatable!
As one of the world’s largest manufacturers of lifting and lashing applications combined with their extensive range of products and knowledge in the market, RUD are continually innovating and developing their extensive product range to stay at the forefront of their customers’ demands.