Lifting Points for Bolting – Ultimate Safety in Lifting with the RUD PowerPoint Star
RUD offer an extensive range of lifting and lashing points which includes both welded and threaded types, covering a working load capacity range from 0.6 to 200 tonne. Offering over 270 different tested and certified lifting/lashing points, 210 of which are for bolting and 60 for welding.
The demand for loads to be turned, swiveled and twisted during the handling process of a project has certainly increased over the years. Loads can easily be damaged and lifting systems can be considerably overloaded. Mould and die manufacturers are prime examples of this, when moulds or dies must be flipped the lifting points they use need to swivel and pivot at the same time.
RUD know how important it is to offer a high safety factor through our lifting points which we have done through the PowerPoint® range.
PowerPoint Star Facts
- Extremely robust with the ability to pivot in any direction
- Easy to assemble and mount to load.
- Suitable for all lifting/lashing means example hooks, rings and slings
- Forged safety latch engages in tip of hook, therefore protected against lateral bending
- Thickened tip of hook prevents handling malpractices and resists bending
- Not suitable for permanent swiveling under load
The PowerPoint star offers a long line of advantages. Firstly they provide an exceptional safety factor, a paramount feature when lifting and moving heavy goods. They reduce costs in damages to loads by having the ability to pivot in any direction allowing all lifting and turning of goods to run smoothly. Time is valuable in any working environment and no company wants wasted time. The lifting points save production time due to the fact that there is no need for additional equipment and no wasted time changing lifting devices.
The Power Point range consists of
- PowerPoint Star PPS
- PP-B known as the ring connection for hook assemblies
- PP-VIP for direct chain connection of the VIP chain
PowerPoint Generation Facts
- Loadable in any direction: safety factor 4:1
- Double ball bearing for free turning and soft winding
- Cr, Ni, Mo-Steel special quenched and tempered
- All parts 100% crack detected
- Max load limit at smallest thread diameter
- Variable screw lengths available
- Can be turned under full load even in a 90 degree position from the bolt centre line
- Not suitable for permanent swivelling under full load